COMMUNICATION - INTERACTION
How can students communicate through interaction?
Exchanging thoughts, messages and information effectively through interaction
- Give and receive meaningful feedback
- Use intercultural understanding to interpret communication
- Use a variety of speaking techniques to communicate with a variety of audiences
- Use appropriate forms of writing for different purposes and audiences
- Use a variety of media to communicate with a range of audiences
- Interpret and use effectively modes of non-verbal communication
- Negotiate ideas and knowledge with peers and teachers
- Participate in, and contribute to, digital social media networks.
- Collaborate with peers and experts using a variety of digital environments and media.
- Share ideas with multiple audiences using a variety of digital environments and media.
COMMUNICATION - USING LANGUAGE
How can students demonstrate communication through language?
Reading, writing and using language to gather and communicate information
- Read critically and for comprehension
- Read a variety of sources for information and for pleasure
- Make inferences and draw conclusions
- Use and interpret a range of discipline-specific terms and symbols
- Write for different purposes
- Understand and use mathematical notation
- Paraphrase accurately and concisely
- Preview and skim texts to build understanding
- Take effective notes in class
- Make effective summary notes for studying
- Use a variety of organizers for academic writing tasks
- Find information for disciplinary and interdisciplinary inquiries, using a variety of media
- Organize and depict information logically
- Structure information in summaries, essays and reports
ATL Skills from "MYP: From Principles to Practice (2014)"