Statement of Inquiry:
Students will understand that a character can be shaped by internal and external events through an inquiry into identity and relationships.
- What strategies do authors use to communicate character traits?
- How is the character's identity shaped by the events and themes?
- How are we positioned to view characters and their situations?
- Why do we have different emotional responses to characters?
- What forms of characterization are effective?
- Can insignificant events have a changing impact on the character's identity?
Approaches to Learning:
- Create original works and ideas; use existing works and ideas in new ways Thinking - Creative thinking
- Collect, record and verify data Research - Information literacy