Statement of Inquiry
Poetic traditions colour the world, and shape how we understand ourselves and language.
- What are the elements of poetic language?
- What is symbolism?
- What is connotative meaning and denotative meaning?
- What is figurative language?
- What is poetry?
- How has my culture impacted my exposure to poetry so far?
- What makes a good poem?
- How can poetry help me understand the relationship between people and place?
- Is poetry necessary?
- Is poetry fun?
- Why do people say poetry is difficult?
- Why would people say poetry is not important?
- Personal and cultural expression