Some question stems to support learning at home. De-stress assessment and help learners take ownership of their feedback.
- What is the intended learning behind what you are doing?
- What are some learning strategies your teachers recommend to help you be successful?
- How are you managing your resources and organisation for this task?
- How can you manage your time and energy to best approach this task? Will it work best in "bursts" or extended focus?
- How are you making sure your time (especially online) is time well spent?
- How are you accessing and taking action on feedback from your teachers (use the graphic below)?
The Understanding Map from Project Zero at Harvard Graduate School of Education is a useful tool to frame conversations and interactions around thinking.
- Open-ended, thinking-focused questions can help parents support learning without generating "process-related" stress or conflict.
For more support on how to "Create A Culture of Thinking" at home, please see this page, including "9 Apps for Parents".