Statement of Inquiry
We can use rhetoric to inspire others in persuasive ways.
- What is ethos, pathos and logos?
- What is rhetoric?
- What is a good structure for a speech?
- How do we see elements of ethos, pathos and logos around us?
- How does advertising use ethos, pathos and logos?
- Which literary devices help us to be persuasive?
- How does a speech make our words more persuasive?
- Is it more persuasive to appeal to people's minds or people's hearts?
- Does an understanding of persuasive techniques help us think more critically?
- Identities and relationships
- Personal efficacy and agency; attitudes, motivations, independence; happiness and the good life
- Audience imperatives