Despite the power and potential of AI to transform teaching and learning, it carries significant ethical issues. These should be understood as well as possible before going too far. Resources on this page showcase some of the ethical issues associated. Our approach so far has been guided by publications from UNESCO, UNICEF and more. For the best current overview, see the UNESCO resources to the right of this page.
Some key issues in AI ethics include:
If you only have time to read one thing, read this guide.
1. What is GenAI & how does it work?
2. Controversies & Implications for Education
3. Regulating GenAI in Education
4. Towards a Policy Framework for Education & Research
5. Facilitating Creative Use of GenAI in Education & Research
6. GenAI & the Future of Education & Research
The graphics below are adaptations from the Policy section.