Hulu: Upmarket food in a congenial atmosphere.
Pinotage: South African style food and great wines at very reasonable prices. You can also buy wine, meat and vegetables here.
Secrets of Africa Soups, salads, quiche and hearty muffins. Great for a quick lunch
Hatsune: Get your Japanese fix or build your own salad. Delivers to WAB
Peach: Take away or dine in food
Hong Kong Kitchen: Great for DimSum, dumplings and wontons
Pie Squared - BEST pizza (known for it's deep dish square pies but also has regular and thin crust) and pasta
Dulu (craft beer and hotpot) - Shunbai lu
The Orchard Restaurant - nice weekend buffet. Kid friendly. Lovely interior and set on a small lake. Shunbai lu. Quite pricey but nice setting.
Mr Lee's: Behind BETC, good for big parties, reasonably priced, arguably the best KungPow Chicken and has the special eggplant chips and candied yams.
Several Chinese restaurants just down the road from WAB. Picture menu so no spoken Chinese needed to order.
Spicy Crawfish restaurant - maquanying xi lu near shunbai lu
1) Annie's restaurant - pizza and pasta
2) German Bakery
3) The Muslim restaurant next to the hospital, just past the High School. Best soup noodles in Beijing! (On Apple Maps it is called 'Northwest Huayi Mashi Stretched Noodles (Ma'nanli Branch))
1) Meizhou Dongpo - Excellent Sichuan restaurant with locations all over Beijing
2) Ritan Hotpot - next to Ritan park. The best hotpot restaurant.
3) Jing-A - brilliant craft beer and food
4) Great Leap - brilliant craft beer and food - the Hutong location has a superb vibe.
5) Biteapitta - great middle eastern food
6) Siji Minfu Roast Duck - my favourite and best duck restaurant. Locations all over
7) Jindingxuan - brilliant Chinese restaurant. Open 24 hours. Locations all over.
8) My top tip is to use Apple Maps and search your local area. Apple Maps uses Dianping user reviews for restaurants (similar to Tripadvisor). Great way to be more adventurous in your choices.