The following list will help you find focus on issues you are passionate about and looking to do
- Know your issue - Identify the key challenges facing access and quality of education in your community. Find out what aspects and issues move you to do something. Know what the different perspectives are and make the case for why people should care too.
- Set your goals - In order to identify your goals, and see the progress you have made, your goals should be SMART: specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely. Plan and play to your strengths and get your community involved.
- Build a network - Advocacy for education works best when you get the support of others. Brainstorm anyone you think might be interested in advocating for education and start letting them know about your advocacy plan.
- Identify your ask - Figure out who you need to ask and what it is you are asking. Having these two questions answered will help you direct your message and identify how you can take action.
- Do a thing - Know that you have learned about your issue, get involved and put your passion on display.
- Tell the world - Share your story, your concerns and your passion with the world.