The key to exhibition is to focus on issues you are passionate about.
Know your issue:
- Identify the key challenges facing your community.
- Find out what aspects and issues move you to do something.
- Know what the different perspectives are and make the case for why people should care too.
Set your goals:
- In order to identify your goals, and see the progress you have made, your goals should be SMART: specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely. Plan and play to your strengths and get your community involved.
Build a network:
- Advocacy for your cause works best when you get the support of others.
- Brainstorm anyone you think might be interested in advocating for your cause and start letting them know about your advocacy plan.
Identify your ask:
- Figure out who you need to ask and what it is you are asking.
- Having these two questions answered will help you direct your message and identify how you can take action.
Do a thing:
- Know that you have learned about your issue and get involved.
- Put your passion on display.
Tell the world:
- Share your story, your concerns and your passion with the world.