Installing and setting up the OneDrive App (If you do no already have the app)
1. Search for ‘Self Service’ in Spotlight on your Mac, then search for One Drive and click install.
2. Start OneDrive by pressing cmd+Space to launch a Spotlight query and type OneDrive. This starts the OneDrive Setup.
3. Enter your school email and then select Sign in to set up your account.
4. On the 'This is your OneDrive folder' screen, click 'Choose OneDrive Folder Location'.
5. Click on your name (with the house icon) and click Choose this location.
6. When you see the 'This is your OneDrive folder' screen, click Next to continue.
7. On the 'Sync Files from Your OneDrive' screen, you can choose the folders you want to sync to your computer, and click Next. You don’t have to sync all of the folders if you don’t want to, especially those with huge file sizes!
8. When you see 'Your OneDrive Is Ready for You', the last thing to do is make sure you select Open at login so my files sync automatically. This will ensure that OneDrive runs at login and you always have the most up to date version of all your files.
9. After you enable OneDrive to open at login, you’re done! Click 'Open your OneDrive folder' to see your files sync to your folder.
10. Click the OneDrive cloud icon up in your Menu bar, click the three dots to open the menu, and select Preferences. Here you can make changes to the folders you sync.
Where do I find the app on Mac?
You can find the OneDrive app up in your Menu bar by clicking on the cloud icon.
Where can I find my OneDrive folder?
You’ll see the folder in Finder called OneDrive – Western Academy of Beijing
What should I put in my OneDrive folder?
All your school files! This is an automatic back up for your files so anything that is in the folder will be backed up to the cloud for safe-keeping. Any changes you make online will also be synced to your computer.
Yes. You can turn on Spotlight search in System Preferences.
First, click the Apple logo in the top left corner of your Mac Desktop and select System Preferences, then select Extensions in the top-level menu (shown in the 3rd row from the top).
Toggle on the OneDrive Finder Integration to enable Finder overlays.